Late Harvest Havoc (Winemaker Detective #9) (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Winemaker Detective series.
- #1: Treachery in Bordeaux (Mission À Haut-Brion) (Winemaker Detective #1) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #2: Grand Cru Heist (Pour Qui Sonne l'Angélus) (Winemaker Detective #2) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #3: Nightmare in Burgundy (Cauchemare Dans La Côtes-De-Nuits) (Winemaker Detective #3) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #4: Deadly Tasting (St. Pétrus Et Le Saigneur) (Winemaker Detective #4) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #5: Cognac Conspiracies (Le Dernier Coup de Jarnac) (Winemaker Detective #5) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #6: Mayhem in Margaux (Sous La Robe de Margaux) (Winemaker Detective #6) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #7: Flambé in Armagnac (Winemaker Detective #7) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #8: Montmartre Mysteries (Ne Tirez Pas Sur Le Caviste) (Winemaker Detective #8) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #10: Late Harvest Havoc [vengeances Tardives En Alsace] (Winemaker Detective #10) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #11: Tainted Tokay (Buveurs En Serie) (Winemaker Detective #11) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #12: Red-Handed in Romanee-Conti (Flagrant Delit a la Romanee-Conti) (Winemaker Detective #12) (MP3 CD): $9.99
- #13: Requiem in Yquem (Winemaker Detective #13) (Paperback): $15.95
Winter is in the air in Alsace and local customs are sowing trouble, piquing the curiosity of the famous winemaker from Bordeaux, Benjamin Cooker. While the wine expert and his assistant Virgile settle into their hotel in the old city of Colmar, distinguished vineyards are attacked. Is it revenge? The plot thickens when estates with no apparent connection to one another suffer the same sabotage just days prior to the late harvest. All of Alsace is in turmoil, plunged in the grip of suspicion that traces its roots back to the darkest hours of the German occupation. As he crosses back and forth into Germany from the Alsace he thought he knew so well, Cooker discovers a land of superstition, rivalry, and jealousy. Between tastings of the celebrated wines, he is drawn into the lives and intrigues of the inhabitants.
About the Author
Jean-Pierre Alaux is a magazine, radio and TV journalist when he is not writing novels in southwestern France. He is the grandson of a winemaker and exhibits a real passion for wine and winemaking. For him, there is no greater common denominator than wine.