The Women of the Souk: A Mystery Set in Pre-World War I Egypt (Mamur Zapt Mystery #19) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the Mamur Zapt Mystery series.
- #1: The Mamur Zapt & the Return of the Carpet (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: The Night of the Dog (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #2) (Paperback): $18.99
- #3: The Donkey-Vous (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #3) (Paperback): $18.99
- #4: The Men Behind (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #4) (Paperback): $18.99
- #7: The Camel of Destruction (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #7) (Paperback): $14.95
- #8: The Snake Catcher's Daughter (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #8) (Paperback): $14.95
- #16: The Mark of the Pasha (Mamur Zapt Mysteries #16) (Paperback): $18.99
- #17: The Bride Box: A Mystery Series Set in Egypt at the Start of the 20th Century (Mamur Zapt Mystery #17) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #18: The Mouth of the Crocodile: A Mamur Zapt Mystery Set in Pre-World War I Egypt (Paperback): $17.95
"Pearce's engrossing story successfully juxtaposes the volatile atmosphere of early twentieth-century Cairo against a tale full of culture, history, charm, humor, and romance. A fine addition to this excellent series"
Booklist Starred Review The kidnapping of an innocent schoolgirl throws a glaring light on the tensions and injustices of pre-War Egyptian society in this absorbing historical mystery. Cairo, Egypt, 1913. When schoolgirl Marie Kewfik is kidnapped, snatched away as she strolled through the bustling bazaars of the Souk, the Khedive insists that the Mamur Zapt, Head of the Secret Police, takes charge of the negotiations for her safe return. The Kewfiks are one of the wealthiest and most powerful families in Egypt but, as the Mamur Zapt discovers, not everyone thinks it's worth the trouble to secure the release of a mere girl. He also learns that there is more to Marie's kidnapping than meets the eye - and the subsequent fallout will shine a glaring light on the dangerous tensions running through Egyptian society.