The Chessman: A British Mystery Set in the 1920s (Jack Haldean Mystery #9) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Jack Haldean Mystery series.
- #1: A Fete Worse Than Death (Jack Haldean Mysteries #1) (Paperback): $12.49
- #5: Off the Record (Jack Haldean Mysteries #5) (Large Print / Hardcover): $32.95
- #6: Trouble Brewing (Jack Haldean Mysteries #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): $32.95
- #7: Blood from a Stone (Jack Haldean Mystery #7) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #8: After the Exhibition: A Classic British Mystery Set in the 1920s (Jack Haldean Mystery #8) (Paperback): $17.95
The wickedly entertaining new Jack Haldean mystery. The message consisted of one neatly typewritten line: I am killing you slowly. You are going to die. The Chessman. Isabelle Stanton and Sue Castradon always arranged the flowers in the village church on Fridays. But Sue was glad to escape the church that morning. She had rowed over breakfast with her husband Ned, who bitterly resented her association - however fleeting - with the handsome Simon Vardon. Sue didn't think things could get worse - until she opened the cupboard... When a mutilated corpse is discovered in the sleepy village of Croxton Ferriers, Jack Haldean finds an odd clue at the scene of the crime: a black marble chess knight with crystal eyes. Is murder just a game? It could be - to a killer who calls himself The Chessman.