Sepher Yetzirah: The Book of Formation (Collectanea Hermetica #10) (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Collectanea Hermetica series.
- #1: Hermetic Arcanum: The Secret Work of the Hermetic Philosophy (Collectanea Hermetica #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: The Divine Pymander (Collectanea Hermetica #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Aesch Mezareph: or "Purifying Fire" (Collectanea Hermetica #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Somnium Scipionis: with the Golden Verses and Symbols of Pythagoras (Collectanea Hermetica #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Euphrates: or the Waters of the East (Collectanea Hermetica #7) (Paperback): $9.99
The "Sepher Yetzirah," or "Book of Formation," is perhaps the oldest Rabbinical treatise of Kabalistic philosophy which is still extant, but it is not in any sense a narrative of Creation, or a substitute Genesis, but is an ancient and instructive philosophical treatise upon one aspect of the origin of the universe and mankind; an aspect at once archaic and essentially Hebrew. -- The Collectanea Hermetica is a 10 volume set of Occult Hermetic books edited by William Wynn Westcott. The volumes are as follows: 1) Hermetic Arcanum, 2) The Divine Pymander, 3) A Short Enquiry Concerning the Hermetic Art, 4) sch Mezareph, 5) Somnium Scipionis, 6) Chald an Oracles of Zoroaster, 7) Euphrates, or the Waters of the East, 8) Egyptian Magic, 9) Numbers, 10) Sepher Yetzirah. -- The volumes include several original translations, commentaries, and copious notes. It is a valuable resource for all students of Hermeticism, Alchemy, Kabalah and western esotericism in general.
About the Author
William Wynn Westcott (1848-1925) was an English Rosicrucian and Theosophist, Magus of the Societas Rosicruciana in Anglia, and founder of the Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn. Westcott was a prolific writer on occult subjects, including numerous articles in theosophical periodicals, Rosicrucian pamphlets, and several books, including his 10 volume Collectanea Hermetica.