The Gun Also Rises (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #6) (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 6 in the A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery series.
- #1: Tagged for Death: A Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: The Longest Yard Sale (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: All Murders Final!: A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: A Good Day to Buy (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: I Know What You Bid Last Summer (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Let's Fake a Deal (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Sell Low, Sweet Harriet (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Absence of Alice (A Sarah W. Garage Sale Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
TO RECOVER A PRICELESS MANUSCRIPT . . .
A wealthy widow has asked Sarah Winston to sell her massive collection of mysteries through her garage sale business. While sorting through piles of books stashed in the woman's attic, Sarah is amazed to discover a case of lost Hemingway stories, stolen from a train in Paris back in 1922. How did they end up in Belle Winthrop Granville's attic in Ellington, Massachusetts, almost one hundred years later?
WILL SARAH HAVE TO PAY WITH HER LIFE?
Before Sarah can get any answers, Belle is assaulted, the case is stolen, a maid is killed, and Sarah herself is dodging bullets. And when rumors spread that Belle has a limited edition of The Sun Also Rises in her house, Sarah is soon mixed up with a mobster, the fanatical League of Literary Treasure Hunters, and a hard-to-read rare book dealer. With someone willing to kill for the Hemingway, Sarah has to race to catch the culprit—or the bell may toll for her . . .
Praise for the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mysteries
“There’s a lot going on in this charming mystery, and it all works . . . Well written and executed, this is a definite winner.”— RT Book Reviews, 4 Stars on All Murders Final!
“Full of garage-sale tips…amusing. A solid choice for fans of Jane K. Cleland’s Josie Prescott Antique Mystery series.”
—Library Journal on Tagged for Death
“A slam dunk for those who love antiques and garage sales . . .surprising twists and turns.”— Kirkus Reviews on A Good Day to Buy
About the Author
Sherry Harris is the author of Agatha Award-nominated Best First Novel Tagged for Death, as well as The Longest Yard Sale, All Murders Final!; A Good Day to Buy, and I Know What You Bid Last Summer in the Sarah Winston Garage Sale Mystery series. Sherry started bargain hunting in second grade at her best friend’s yard sale. She honed her bartering skills as she moved around the country while her husband served in the Air Force. Sherry combined her love of garage sales, her life as an Air Force spouse, and her time living in Massachusetts as inspiration for this series. Sherry is an independent editor for fiction and nonfiction writers, a member of Sisters in Crime, Sisters in Crime New England, and Sisters in Crime Chesapeake Chapter. She blogs with New England mystery writers at WickedCozyAuthors.com.