Undercurrents (Faye Longchamp #11) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the Faye Longchamp series.
- #1: Artifacts (Faye Longchamp #1) (Paperback): $18.99
- #2: Relics (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #2) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #4: Findings (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #5: Floodgates Lib/E (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $69.00
- #6: Strangers: A Faye Longchamp Mystery (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #7: Plunder (Faye Longchamp #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #8: Rituals: A Faye Longchamp Mystery (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #9: Isolation (Paperback): $18.99
- #10: Burials (Faye Longchamp #10) (Paperback): $18.99
- #12: Catacombs (Faye Longchamp #12) (Hardcover): $26.99
"The Longchamp mysteries combine history and mystery in a gritty way that makes them feel different from most amateur-sleuth fare - dark-edged rather than cozy. Faye, too, is not your traditional amateur sleuth; she could just as easily anchor a gritty thriller series and give some of the giants in that genre a run for their money." --Booklist
In Undercurrents, the eleventh Faye Longchamp Mystery, Faye has traveled to Memphis, a city steeped in music, poverty, history, and the smoky tang of barbecue. She's there working alone to do an assessment of a site, welcome work for her small archaeological consulting firm.
When Faye spies a child too young to be wandering along a creek alone, she follows the girl. A day later she uncovers a dying woman, buried alive near a spot where Kali might well be hiding. Nobody would blame Faye for running hard, but she can't make herself leave Kali, the woman's now orphaned daughter, who might be in danger. She's not welcomed by the people in Kali's struggling community, nor by the police working the crime. Yet she stays, for Kali, and for the bereaved who need her to communicate their fears to a police department that they trust even less than they trust Faye.
When they confide rumors of other women beaten to death by a man so obsessed with burial that he places fresh flowers in their cold hands, Faye begs the police to widen the investigation to seek a serial killer. They refuse. Faye's gut is telling her that a monster is stalking Memphis, endangering the child she has come to love. If the police can't catch him, then she will have no choice but to try to find him herself.
About the Author
Mary Anna Evans is the author of the Faye Longchamp archaeological mysteries, which have received recognition including the Benjamin Franklin Award, the Mississippi Author Award, and three Florida Book Awards bronze medals. She is an assistant professor at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches fiction and nonfiction writing.Check out her website, enewsletter, facebook author page, and twitter.Winner of the 2018 Sisters in Crime (SinC) Academic Research Grant