Artifacts (Faye Longchamp #1) (Paperback)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Faye Longchamp series.
- #2: Relics (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #2) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #4: Findings (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #4) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #5: Floodgates Lib/E (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #5) (Compact Disc): $69.00
- #6: Strangers: A Faye Longchamp Mystery (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #6) (Compact Disc): $29.95
- #7: Plunder (Faye Longchamp #7) (Large Print / Paperback): $22.99
- #8: Rituals (Faye Longchamp #8) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #10: Burials (Faye Longchamp #10) (Hardcover): $26.95
- #11: Undercurrents (Faye Longchamp #11) (Hardcover): $26.95
- #12: Catacombs (Faye Longchamp #12) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #13: Wrecked: A Faye Longchamp Mystery (Faye Longchamp Mysteries #13) (Compact Disc): $41.95
With an introduction by Mary Anna Evans.
Faye Longchamp has lost nearly everything except for her quick mind and a grim determination to hang onto her ancestral home, Joyeuse, a moldering plantation hidden along the Florida coast. No one knows how Faye's great-great-grandmother Cally, a newly freed slave barely out of her teens, came to own Joyeuse in the aftermath of the Civil War. No one knows how her descendants hung onto it through Reconstruction, world wars, the Depression, and Jim Crow, but Faye has inherited the island plantation--and the family tenacity. When the property taxes rise beyond her means, she sets out to save Joyeuse by digging for artifacts on her property and the surrounding National Wildlife Refuge and selling them on the black market. A tiny bit of that dead glory would pay a year's taxes. A big valuable chunk of the past would save her home forever. But instead of potsherds and arrowheads, she uncovers a woman's shattered skull, a Jackie Kennedy-style earring nestled against its bony cheek. Faye is torn. If she reports the forty-year-old murder, she'll reveal her illegal livelihood, thus risking jail and the loss of Joyeuse. She doesn't intend to let that happen, so she probes into the dead woman's history, unaware that the past is rushing up on her like a hurricane across deceptively calm Gulf waters...
About the Author
Mary Anna Evans is the author of the Faye Longchamp archaeological mysteries, which have received recognition including the Benjamin Franklin Award, the Mississippi Author Award, and three Florida Book Awards bronze medals. She is an assistant professor at the University of Oklahoma, where she teaches fiction and nonfiction writing.Check out her website, enewsletter, facebook author page, and twitter.Winner of the 2018 Sisters in Crime (SinC) Academic Research Grant