Death by Chocolate Lab (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery) (Large Print / Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #1: Death by Chocolate Lab (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #1) (Compact Disc): $37.99
- #2: Dial Meow for Murder (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #2) (Compact Disc): $37.99
- #3: Pawprints & Predicaments (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #3) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #4: A Midwinter's Tail (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #4) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #5: Something Borrowed, Something Mewed (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #5) (MP3 CD): $29.99
- #6: Of Mutts and Murder (Lucky Paws Petsitting Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
Pet sitter Daphne Templeton has a soft spot for every stray and misfit who wanders into the quaint, lakeside village of Sylvan Creek. But even Daphne doesn't like arrogant, womanizing Steve Beamus, the controversial owner of Blue Ribbon K-9 Academy. When Steve turns up dead during a dog agility trial, Daphne can think of a long list of people with motives for homicide, and so can the police. Unfortunately, at the top of the list is Daphne's sister, Piper--Steve's latest wronged girlfriend.
Certain that Piper is innocent, in spite of mounting evidence to the contrary, Daphne sets out to clear her sister's name--and find Axis, Steve's prize-winning chocolate Labrador, who went missing the night of Steve's death. Aided by Socrates, her taciturn basset hound, and a hyperactive one-eared Chihuahua named Artie, Daphne quickly runs afoul of Detective Jonathan Black, a handsome and enigmatic newcomer to town, who has no appreciation for Daphne's unorthodox sleuthing.
Can a free-spirited pet sitter, armed only with a Ph.D. in Philosophy and her two incompatible dogs, find the real killer before she becomes the next victim?
Includes recipes for homemade dog treats
-When murder is unleashed in the idyllic town of Sylvan Creek, it's up to spunky pet sitter Daphne and her darling duo of misfit mutts to catch the killer. A doggone charming read from start to finish - --Cleo Coyle, New York Times bestselling author.
About the Author
Bethany Blake lives in a small, quaint town in Pennsylvania with her husband and three daughters. When she's not writing or riding horses, she's wrangling a menagerie of furry family members that includes a nervous pit bull, a fearsome feline, a blind goldfish, and an attack cardinal named Robert.