Collared: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #15) (CD-Audio)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 15 in the An Andy Carpenter Novel series.
- #9: One Dog Night: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: Leader of the Pack: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #10) (Paperback): $17.99
- #11: Unleashed: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #11) (Paperback): $17.99
- #12: Hounded: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #12) (Paperback): $17.99
- #13: Who Let the Dog Out?: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #13) (Paperback): $17.99
- #14: Outfoxed: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #14) (Paperback): $17.99
- #16: The Twelve Dogs of Christmas: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #16) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #17: Rescued: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #17) (Paperback): $16.99
- #18: Deck the Hounds: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #18) (Paperback): $16.99
- #19: Silent Bite: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #19) (CD-Audio): $29.99
- #20: Dachshund Through the Snow: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #20) (Paperback): $16.99
- #21: Muzzled: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #21) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #22: Silent Bite: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #22) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #23: Dog Eat Dog: An Andy Carpenter Mystery (An Andy Carpenter Novel #23) (Hardcover): $27.99
- #24: Best in Snow (An Andy Carpenter Novel #24) (Hardcover): $25.99
"Grover Gardner's narration of Rosenfelt's whodunits is what good audiobooks are all about, and this newest performance is a prime example. Gardner's delightful portrayal of defense lawyer Andy Carpenter continues to be fresh, allowing listeners to glimpse Andy's soft heart and humor, despite his often cynical view of the world." — AudioFile Magazine on Outfoxed
"Gardner's breezy, slightly sarcastic delivery is just what's needed for Rosenfelt's breezy, slightly sarcastic mysteries featuring multimillionaire New Jersey lawyer Andy Carpenter." — Publishers Weekly on Play Dead
David Rosenfelt's Collared is read by Andy Carpenter series narrator Grover Gardner.
Lawyer Andy Carpenter’s true passion is the Tara Foundation, the dog rescue organization he runs with his friend Willie Miller. All kinds of dogs make their way to the foundation, and it isn’t that surprising to find a dog abandoned at the shelter one morning, though it was accompanied by a mysterious anonymous note. But they are quite surprised when they scan the dog’s embedded chip, and discover that they know this dog. He is the “DNA dog.”
Two and a half years ago, Jill Hickman was a single mother of an adopted baby. Her baby and dog were kidnapped in broad daylight in Eastside Park, and they haven’t been seen since. A tip came in that ID’d a former boyfriend of Hickman’s, Keith Wachtel, as the kidnapper. A search of his house showed no sign of the child but did uncover more incriminating evidence, and the clincher that generated Wachtel’s arrest was some dog hair, notable since Wachtel did not have a dog. DNA tests showed conclusively that the hair belonged to Hickman’s dog. Wachtel was convicted of kidnapping, but the dog and baby were never found.
Now, with the reappearance of the dog, the case is brought back to light, and the search for the child renewed. Goaded by his wife’s desire to help a friend and fellow mother and Andy’s desire to make sure the real kidnapper is in jail, Andy and his team enter the case. But what they start to uncover is far more complicated and dangerous than they ever expected.
About the Author
DAVID ROSENFELT is the Edgar-nominated and Shamus Award-winning author of more than twenty Andy Carpenter novels, including One Dog Night, Collared, and Deck the Hounds; its spinoff series, The K-Team; the Doug Brock thriller series, which starts with Fade to Black; and stand-alone thrillers including Heart of a Killer and On Borrowed Time.
Rosenfelt and his wife live in Maine with an ever-changing pack of rescue dogs. Their epic cross-country move with 25 of these dogs, culminating in the creation of the Tara Foundation, is chronicled in Dogtripping.
Grover Gardner has recorded more than 650 audiobooks since beginning his career in 1981. He's been named one of the "Best Voices of the Century" as well as a "Golden Voice" by AudioFile magazine. Gardner has garnered over 20 AudioFile Earphones Awards and is the recipient of an Audio Publishers Association Audie Award, as well as a three-time finalist. In 2005, Publishers Weekly deemed him "Audiobook Narrator of the Year."
Gardner has also narrated hundreds of audiobooks under the names Tom Parker and Alexander Adams. Among his many titles are Marcus Sakey's At the City's Edge, as well as Star Wars: The Phantom Menace, Mark Twain's The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, and John Irving's The Cider House Rules. Gardner studied Theater and Art History at Rollins College and received a Master's degree in Acting from George Washington University. He lives in Oregon with his significant other and daughter.
"Grover Gardner returns to narrate Rosenfelt's latest Andy Carpenter mystery for dog lovers." AudioFile, Editors' Pick
"With neighborly ease and a sly wit, one of audio's true originals, Grover Gardner, again gives voice to David Rosenfelt's bestselling amateur sleuth and dog lover, Andy Carpenter...There are lots of wisecracks and self-deprecating asides, and Gardner's wonderful combination of the rhythms of Sam Spade and the irreverent tones of Mark Twain make this diverting whodunit a listening treasure." -AudioFile, Earphones Award
"Narrator Grover Gardner is once again perfect as the cocky, headstrong lawyer. With a fitting regional accent, he captures Carpenter’s intellect, hilarious and biting sarcasm, and ability to remain cool under pressure." -AudioFileon Earphones Award Winner Who Let the Dog Out?
“David Rosenfelt deftly works in wry humor, a love of dogs and New Jersey gangsters in Hounded, his highly entertaining 12th legal thriller…[Rosenfelt] continues to explore Andy's personality, allowing him to change and grow in each novel.”—Associated Press
“Terrific… How does Rosenfelt manage to construct such clever and complex plots, tie them all together, make you love Andy more with every novel, and bombard you with non-stop humor, all at the same time? Only Rosenfelt can pull off that kind of quadruple-play. His is an absolutely unique mystery/comedy talent.”—Examiner.com on Unleashed