Robert B. Parker's Little White Lies (Spenser) (Large Print / Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
- #28: Robert B. Parker's Kickback (Hardcover): $26.95
- #33: Robert B. Parker's Someone to Watch Over Me (Spenser #33) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #40: Robert B. Parker's Lullaby (Spenser #40) (Paperback): $9.99
- #42: Spenser Confidential (Movie Tie-In) (Paperback): $9.99
- #43: Robert B. Parker's Cheap Shot (Spenser #43) (Paperback): $9.99
- #44: Robert B. Parker's Kickback (Spenser #44) (Paperback): $9.99
- #45: Robert B. Parker's Slow Burn (Spenser #45) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #46: Robert B. Parker's Little White Lies (Spenser #46) (Paperback): $9.99
- #47: Robert B. Parker's Old Black Magic (Spenser #47) (Hardcover): $27.00
- #48: Robert B. Parker's Angel Eyes (Spenser #48) (Hardcover): $27.00
Boston PI Spenser and right hand Hawk follow a con man's trail of smoke and mirrors in the latest entry of the iconic crime series. After conning everyone from the cable news shows to the local cops, it looks like the grifter's latest double cross may be his last.
Connie Kelly thought she'd found her perfect man on an online dating site. He was silver-haired and handsome, with a mysterious background working for the C.I.A. She fell so hard for M. Brooks Welles that she wrote him a check for almost three hundred thousand dollars, hoping for a big return on her investment.
But within weeks, both Welles and her money are gone. Her therapist, Dr. Susan Silverman, hands her Spenser's card.
A self-proclaimed military hotshot, Welles had been a frequent guest on national news shows speaking with authority about politics and world events. But when he disappears, he leaves not only a jilted lover but a growing list of angry investors, duped cops, and a team of paramilitary contractors looking for revenge.
Enter Spenser, who quickly discovers that everything about Welles is phony. His name, his resume, and his client list are nothing but an elaborate fraud. But uncovering the truth won't be easy, as he'll have to keep the mystery man alive long enough to get back his client's money. As the trail winds from Boston to backroads Georgia, Spenser will need help from trusted allies Hawk and Teddy Sapp to make sure Welles's next con is his last.
About the Author
Robert B. Parker was the author of seventy books, including the legendary Spenser detective series, the novels featuring police chief Jesse Stone, and the acclaimed Virgil Cole-Everett Hitch westerns, as well as the Sunny Randall novels. Winner of the Mystery Writers of America Grand Master Award and long considered the undisputed dean of American crime fiction, he died in January 2010. Ace Atkins is the Edgar-nominated author of nineteen books, including the forthcoming Quinn Colson novel The Innocents. He was selected by the Robert B. Parker estate to continue the Spenser novels, most recently the New York Times bestsellers Robert B. Parker's Kickback and Robert B. Parker's Cheap Shot.