The King Arthur Case: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #7) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 7 in the Brittany Mystery Series series.
- #1: Death in Brittany: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #1) (Paperback): $17.99
- #2: Murder on Brittany Shores: A Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #2) (Paperback): $17.99
- #3: The Fleur de Sel Murders: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #3) (Paperback): $17.99
- #4: The Missing Corpse: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #4) (Paperback): $17.99
- #5: The Killing Tide: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #5) (Paperback): $17.99
- #6: The Granite Coast Murders: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #6) (Paperback): $17.99
- #8: The Body by the Sea: A Brittany Mystery (Brittany Mystery Series #8) (Hardcover): $26.99
The King Arthur Case is the seventh installment of Jean-Luc Bannalec's bestselling mystery series.
The forest of Broceliande, with its picturesque lakes and castles, is the last remnant of the fairy kingdom, if Breton lore is to be believed. Innumerable legends spanning thousands of years are set here, inclding the tale of King Arthur and the Round Table.
It seems to be an appropriate destination for Commissaire Dupin and his team to take a late summer field trip. But when the body of a historian turns up, Dupin is called upon to investigate in the brutal murder case. Before too long, there are more victims. What knowledge do the assembled scientists have about the most recent archaeological digs in the area? Where do they stand on the controversial decision to turn parts of the forest into an amusement park? And why is no one willing to talk? Even Nolwenn, Dupin's unshakeable assistant, is concerned. And that means trouble.
Mysterious, ingenious, and suspenseful: Dupin's seventh case takes him and his team into the very heart of Brittany.
About the Author
JEAN-LUC BANNALEC is a pseudonym. The author divides his time between Germany and coastal Brittany, France. Death in Brittany, the first case for Commissaire Dupin, was published in German in March 2012 and sold 600,000 copies, spending many months on the bestseller list. It has been sold into 14 countries.
Praise for The King Arthur Case
“Another tense puzzle from Bannalec, with the Breton landscape once more the star of the show.” —Kirkus Reviews
Praise for the series:
"Delicious Brittany mysteries... If this isn't heaven, it's close enough." —The New York Times
"Francophiles and art lovers will welcome Bannalec’s good old-fashioned detective story set in Brittany... Bannalec excels at plotting and pacing, as well as vivid descriptions of the Finistère countryside." —Publishers Weekly (Starred Review) on Death in Brittany
"Very satisfying…along the lines of Martin Walker’s novels set in Dordogne, or M.L. Longworth’s Aix-en-Provence mysteries." —Booklist on Murder on Brittany Shores