A Gift of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 19 in the A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery series.
- #11: Bones of a Feather: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): Email or call for price.
- #12: Bonefire of the Vanities (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #12) (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #15: Bone to Be Wild: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #16: Rock-a-Bye Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #17: Sticks and Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): $22.99
- #18: Charmed Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #20: Game of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #21: The Devil's Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
- #22: A Garland of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $25.99
- #23: Independent Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
Christmas comes to Zinnia, Mississippi—Sarah Booth Delaney must solve a case as the holiday approaches, in this new cozy mystery from Carolyn Haines.
Christmas is just around the corner and Sarah Booth and Tinkie are preparing for a festive holiday season. After a turbulent season of solving cases, they’re ready for some holiday cheer. Sarah Booth and Sheriff Coleman Peters have finally gotten together, and this is the first holiday they’re celebrating as a couple. Sarah Booth busies herself with decking the halls and daydreaming about romantic Christmas nights with Coleman.
Then her friend Cece Dee Falcon shows up needing Sarah Booth’s help—right now. She shows Sarah Booth a box that was delivered by courier and left at Cece’s front porch. It contains a lock of hair, a photograph of a pretty young woman, very pregnant, and a note demanding ransom for the return of the teen. Cece reveals that this is her cousin’s daughter, Eve Falcon, and that she’d lost touch with this part of her family years ago. Eve and Cece had been close, until the family had a terrible falling out, and banished Cece from their lives. The countdown begins as the kidnapper pushes for payment—or else, he threatens, Eve will meet her maker. It’s up to Sarah Booth and her friends to find the girl before something terrible happens on what should be the merriest day of the year.
Carolyn Haines’s trademark humor and lovable characters are back, in a heartwarming Christmas story that will enchant and delight readers looking for a suspenseful mystery wrapped in joyful holiday merriment.
About the Author
Carolyn Haines is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series and a number of other books in mystery and crime, including the Pluto's Snitch paranormal-historical mystery series, and Trouble, the black cat detective romantic suspense books. She is the recipient of the Harper Lee Award for Distinguished Writing, the Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence, and the Mississippi Writers Guild Lifetime Achievement Award. She is a former journalist, bartender, photographer, farmhand, and college professor and lives on a farm where she works with rescue cats, dogs, and horses.
"A tale infused with Southern charm...A stocking stuffed with something for everyone: a friendly house-ghost, cats and dogs, a hunky romantic lead, and the requisite crime."—Kirkus Reviews
"Haines's longtime admirers will be thrilled to spend the holidays with their favorite characters. New readers looking for an engaging story can start here."—Library Journal
"Fans of cozies with a paranormal slant will be rewarded."—Publishers Weekly
"With holiday details and a strong plot, Carolyn Haines has achieved that sweet Christmas cozy balance in A Gift of Bones. This is a fine addition to a long-running and much-loved series."—Mystery Scene Magazine
Praise for the Sarah Booth Delaney series:
“Delightful…[a] satisfying beignet of a mystery.” —Publishers Weekly on Booty Bones
“Entertaining.” —Booklist on Booty Bones
“If you enjoy mysteries with rich Southern settings, fascinating history, and quirky characters, you'll devour this one quicker than a plate full of buttermilk biscuits.” —Mystery Scene Magazine on Smarty Bones
“We have to admit being hooked by the title, but even urbane Tom Wolfe would get a kick out of this delightfully fun 12th installment of Haines' Southern mystery series.” —New York Post on Bonefire of the Vanities