The Angels' Share: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #10) (Hardcover)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 10 in the Wine Country Mysteries series.
- #2: The Chardonnay Charade Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #2) (Compact Disc): $39.95
- #3: The Bordeaux Betrayal Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #3) (Compact Disc): $44.95
- #4: The Riesling Retribution Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #4) (Compact Disc): $39.98
- #5: The Viognier Vendetta Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #5) (Compact Disc): $79.95
- #6: The Sauvignon Secret Lib/E (Wine Country Mysteries (Audio) #6) (Compact Disc): $69.95
- #7: The Champagne Conspiracy: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #7) (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #8: The Vineyard Victims: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #8) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #9: Harvest of Secrets: A Wine Country Mystery (Wine Country Mysteries #9) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #11: The French Paradox (Wine Country Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $28.99
- #12: Bitter Roots (Wine Country Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $28.99
Ellen Crosby pours up another corking mystery with The Angels' Share, an intriguing blend of secret societies, Prohibition bootleg wine, and potentially scandalous documents hidden by the Founding Fathers, all of which yield a vintage murder.
When Lucie Montgomery attends a Thanksgiving weekend party for friends and neighbors at Hawthorne Castle, an honest-to-goodness castle owned by the Avery family, the last great newspaper dynasty in America and owner of the Washington Tribune, she doesn’t expect the festive occasion to end in death.
During the party, Prescott Avery, the 95-year old family patriarch, invites Lucie to his fabulous wine cellar where he offers to pay any price for a cache of 200-year-old Madeira that her great-great-uncle, a Prohibition bootlegger, discovered hidden in the US Capitol in the 1920s. Lucie knows nothing about the valuable wine, believing her late father, a notorious gambler and spendthrift, probably sold or drank it. By the end of the party Lucie and her fiancé, winemaker Quinn Santori, discover Prescott’s body lying in his wine cellar. Is one of the guests a murderer?
As Lucie searches for the lost Madeira, which she believes links Prescott’s death to a cryptic letter her father owned, she learns about Prescott’s affiliation with the Freemasons. More investigating hints at a mysterious vault supposedly containing documents hidden by the Founding Fathers and a possible tie to William Shakespeare. If Lucie finds the long-lost documents, the explosive revelations could change history. But will she uncover a three hundred-year-old secret before a determined killer finds her?
About the Author
ELLEN CROSBY is the author of the Virginia-set Wine Country Mysteries series, which began with The Merlot Murders. She has also written a mystery series featuring international photojournalist Sophie Medina, and Moscow Nights, a standalone.
Previously she was a freelance reporter for The Washington Post, Moscow correspondent for ABC News Radio, and an economist at the U.S. Senate.
One of Due South's "Most Anticipated Cozy Mysteries of Fall 2019"!
"This well-plotted addition to these award-winning mysteries will appeal to fans of the series and historical puzzles, as seen in the film National Treasure." - Library Journal
"Crisp and elegant. The disparate plot threads come together in an exciting and satisfying conclusion. Crosby knows how to keep the reader guessing." - Publishers Weekly
"Wine lore and mystery, both historical and modern, combine in an enthralling read." - Kirkus
"Entwined with fascinating facts about wine and winemaking, this satisfying addition to the series will please oenophiles." - Booklist
"[O]ne of the most successful mystery series on the market today." - Washington Independent Review of Books
"The Angels' Share blends past secrets with present sins as Crosby combines well-researched plotlines with cherished characters and vibrant local color. [An] engaging holiday tale." - Fredericksburg Free Lance-Star, "December Mysteries Roundup"
"Ellen Crosby pours up another corking mystery with The Angels' Share." - Fresh Fiction