Caught Bread Handed: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 4 in the A Bakeshop Mystery series.
- #1: Meet Your Baker: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: A Batter of Life and Death: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: On Thin Icing: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: Fudge and Jury (A Bakeshop Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: A Crime of Passion Fruit: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Another One Bites the Crust: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: Till Death Do Us Tart: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Live and Let Pie: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: A Cup of Holiday Fear: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #11: Nothing Bundt Trouble: A Bakeshop Mystery (Mass Market): $8.99
Welcome to Torte—a friendly, small-town family bake shop where the oven is heating up as high as the body count…
Jules Capshaw is still chewing over her husband Carlos’s return to Ashland, Oregon. Could there be too many cooks in the kitchen? Whatever is stirring between those two will have to wait. Despite the Oregon Shakespeare Festival being dark for the winter, the bakeshop is bustling, the dough is rolling, and there’s no rest for the weary…especially when murder is thrown into the mix.
When Mindy Nolan, the owner of a new restaurant in town, turns up dead, the batter at hand thickens. Jules knows that there was bad blood between Mindy and others in town, and tracking down the killer could prove to be an unwelcome treat. And to top it all off, there’s Carlos, who is pleading—with those delicious dark eyes and sexy Spanish accent—for Jules to take him back. Is home where the heart is or will she make a fresh start…and risk getting burned?
About the Author
ELLIE ALEXANDER is a Pacific Northwest native who spends ample time testing pastry recipes in her home kitchen or at one of the many famed coffeehouses nearby. When she's not coated in flour, you'll find her outside exploring hiking trails and trying to burn off calories consumed in the name of research. She is the author of the Bakeshop Mysteries, including Meet Your Baker and A Batter of Life and Death, as well as the Sloan Krause mysteries. You can find her on Facebook to learn more!
Marvelous... All the elements I love in a cozy mystery are there-a warm and inviting atmosphere, friendly and likable main characters, and a nasty murder mystery to solve... I highly recommend MEET YOUR BAKER and look forward to reading the next book in this new series! —Fresh Fiction
This debut culinary mystery is a light soufflé of a book (with recipes) that makes a perfect mix for fans of Jenna McKinley, Leslie Budewitz, or Jessica Beck. —Library Journal on Meet Your Baker
This delicious debut mixes a quaint bakeshop in Oregon, an eclectic community of artists and a diabolical murder. Delicious pastries and food are a focus of this fast-paced mystery... Plenty of red herrings will keep readers guessing until the very end. —RT Book Reviews (4 stars) on Meet Your Baker