Bones of a Feather: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery series.
- #12: Bonefire of the Vanities (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #12) (Paperback): $22.99
- #14: Booty Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #15: Bone to Be Wild: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #16: Rock-a-Bye Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #17: Sticks and Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Paperback): $22.99
- #18: Charmed Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #19: A Gift of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $24.99
- #20: Game of Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #21: The Devil's Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Mass Market): $7.99
- #22: A Garland of Bones (A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery #22) (Hardcover): $25.99
- #23: Independent Bones: A Sarah Booth Delaney Mystery (Hardcover): $26.99
Bones of a Feather
A ruby necklace worth four million dollars appears to have been stolen, and its owners, Monica and Eleanor Levert—twin heirs of a wealthy Natchez clan—seem a bit too anxious to get their hands on the insurance money. It sounds a tad suspicious to Sarah Booth, who's been asked to file a report, but she can't be sure someone's committing fraud—or any other crime, for that matter—until one of the sisters is kidnapped…
The police suspect the heiresses are playing some sort of game. But when Sarah Booth and her partner Tinkie begin to scratch the surface of the family's sordid past, they uncover more skeletons than any one closet can hold. Throw in a sneaky romantic gardener, a lurid tell-all biographer, and a body plunging off a plantation cliff, and the kidnapped twin plot thickens. But Sarah Booth really starts seeing double when Jitty the ghost shows up—as a pair of sisters—and two crimes become deadlier than one…
About the Author
Carolyn Haines is the USA Today bestselling author of the Sarah Booth Delaney mystery series and a number of other books in mystery and crime, including the Pluto's Snitch paranormal-historical mystery series, and Trouble, the black cat detective romantic suspense books. She is the recipient of the Harper Lee Award for Distinguished Writing and the Richard Wright Award for Literary Excellence. She is a former journalist, bartender, photographer, farmhand, and college professor and lives on a farm where she works with rescue cats, dogs, and horses.
“A lesson in lying, Mississippi style…Haines diverts the reader…with great dollops of charm.” —Kirkus Reviews on Bones of a Feather
“Entertaining…Sarah and Tinkie must strive to thwart a plot of brilliantly diabolical proportions.” —Publishers Weekly on Bones of a Feather
“Sarah Booth Delaney has a funny way of ending up in extremely strange situations…a perfectly written mystery with a cast that is humorous, charming and deadly. Haines certainly is one of the best mystery writers working today.” —RT Book Reviews on Bones of a Feather
“Excellent…a strong whodunit…The superb Mississippi Delta mystery is a terrific thriller.” —Harriet Klausner on Bones of a Feather
“Distinctive characters and a clever cooking background make Haines's tenth Sarah Booth Delaney mystery the best yet in this Southern cozy series.” —Publishers Weekly (starred review) on Bone Appetit
“A whole lot of Southern sass…Haines's novel is definitely a page-turner.” —Jackson Free Press on Bone Appetit
“The cast is in fine form (including the helpful ghost, Jitty), and it's good to be back in Mississippi…One of the more entertaining episodes in the series.” —Booklist on Greedy Bones
“Captivating--readers will enjoy Greedy Bones from cranium to phalanges.” —Don Noble, Alabama Public Radio on Greedy Bones
“Jitty, Dahlia House's wonderfully wise ‘haint,' [is] one of the best features of this light paranormal mystery series infused with Southern charm.” —Publishers Weekly on Greedy Bones
“Never undone by a ghostly spirit, a handsome movie star, or even the oddball small town Southern folks most of us will easily recognize, Delaney is at her best when unraveling multiple puzzles. Ramp up the excitement and tension, add the often chuckle-out-loud humor, and they add up to one of the best of the Sarah Booth Delaney mysteries.” —Delta Magazine on Greedy Bones