The Innocent Sleep (October Daye #18) (Hardcover)
Coming Soon - Available for Pre-Order Now
Other Books in Series
This is book number 18 in the October Daye series.
- #1: Rosemary and Rue: An October Daye Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #2: A Local Habitation (October Daye #2) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #3: An Artificial Night (October Daye #3) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #4: Late Eclipses (October Daye #4) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #5: One Salt Sea (October Daye #5) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #6: Ashes of Honor (October Daye #6) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #7: Chimes at Midnight (October Daye #7) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #8: The Winter Long (October Daye #8) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #9: A Red-Rose Chain (October Daye #9) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #10: Once Broken Faith (October Daye #10) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #11: The Brightest Fell (October Daye #11) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #12: Night and Silence (October Daye #12) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #13: The Unkindest Tide (October Daye #13) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #14: A Killing Frost (October Daye #14) (Mass Market): $8.99
- #15: When Sorrows Come: An October Daye Novel (Mass Market): $8.99
- #16: Be the Serpent (October Daye #16) (Hardcover): $28.00
- #17: Sleep No More (October Daye #17) (Hardcover): $28.00
The 18th novel of the Hugo-nominated, New York Times bestselling October Daye urban fantasy series.
For one bright, shining moment, Tybalt, King of Cats, had everything he had ever wanted. He was soon to set his crown aside; he had married the woman he loved; he was going to be a father. After centuries of searching for a family of his own, he had finally found a way to construct the life of his dreams, and was looking forward to a period of peace—or at least as much peace as is ever in the offing for the husband of a hero.
Alas for Tybalt and his domestic aspirations, fate—and Titania—had other ideas. His perfect world had been complete for only a moment when it was ripped away, to be replaced by hers. Titania, Faerie’s Summer Queen, Mother of Illusions and enemy of so many he holds dear, has seized control of the Kingdom, remaking it in her own image. An image which does not include meddlesome shapeshifters getting in her way. Tybalt quickly finds himself banished from her reality, along with the Undersea and the rest of the Court of Cats.
To protect his people and his future, Tybalt must find the woman he loves in a world designed to keep her from him, convince her that he’s not a stranger trying to ruin her life for no apparent reason, and get her to unmake the illusion she’s been firmly enmeshed in. And he’ll have to do it all while she doesn’t know him, and every unrecognizing look is a knife to his heart.
For Tybalt, King of Cats, the happily ever after was just the beginning.
About the Author
Seanan McGuire lives and works in Washington State, where she shares her somewhat idiosyncratic home with her collection of books, creepy dolls, and enormous blue cats. When not writing—which is fairly rare—she enjoys travel, and can regularly be found any place where there are cornfields, haunted houses, or frogs. A Campbell, Hugo, and Nebula Award–winning author, Seanan's first book was released in 2009, with more than twenty books across various series following since. Seanan doesn't sleep much.
Praise for the October Daye series
New York Times and USA Today bestselling series
"The top of my urban-paranormal series list! I am so invested in the worldbuilding and the characters.... The romance is real and awesome, but doesn't overshadow the adventure." —Felicia Day
"The 13th outing for Daye is just as fresh and exciting as the first. McGuire has built a complex world, where seemingly loose ends are woven tightly into the series. Highly recommended." —Library Journal (starred)
"Fascinating.... This unusual offering stands on its own as a worthy entry in the series...a bold storytelling choice that pays off in spades." —Publishers Weekly
"The worldbuilding in this series has astonishing depth, and Night and Silence is no exception—12 books in, McGuire is still giving readers fascinating new pieces of the Faerie puzzle." —Booklist
"I can't believe McGuire can come up with another adventure as riveting as this one. But then I say that after every book in this series." —SFRevu
"McGuire has never lacked for courage in her writing.... The phenomenally inventive October Daye series showcases her narrative daring and ingenuity beautifully." —RT Reviews
"Prepare to be dazzled.... Like the best of urban fantasy, with each reveal and mystery solved, Toby's world grows ever more enticing. As seductive as Faerie itself, this is one series I could never give up." —All Things Urban Fantasy
"These books are like watching half a season of your favorite television series all at once.... More than anything else, it's the fun of it all that's kept me returning to McGuire's books and to this series." —SF Signal
"The plot is strong, the characterization is terrific, the tragedies hurt...and McGuire's usual beautiful writing and dark humor are present and accounted for. This has become one of my favorite urban fantasy series." —Fantasy Literature