Break No Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel) (CD-Audio)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
- #1: Deja Dead: 10th Anniversary Edition (A Temperance Brennan Novel #1) (Paperback): $19.00
- #2: Death du Jour (A Temperance Brennan Novel #2) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #3: Deadly Decisions (A Temperance Brennan Novel #3) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #4: Fatal Voyage (A Temperance Brennan Novel #4) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #5: Grave Secrets (A Temperance Brennan Novel #5) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #7: Monday Mourning: A Tempe Brennan Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #7) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #8: Cross Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #8) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #9: Break No Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #9) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #10: Bones to Ashes: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #10) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #11: Devil Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #11) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #12: 206 Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #12) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #13: Spider Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #13) (Paperback): $16.00
- #14: Flash and Bones: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #14) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #15: Bones Are Forever: A Novel (A Temperance Brennan Novel #15) (Hardcover): $26.99
- #16: Bones of the Lost: A Temperance Brennan Novel (Mass Market): $9.99
- #19: A Conspiracy of Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #19) (Mass Market): $9.99
- #20: The Bone Code: A Temperance Brennan Novel (Paperback): $17.99
- #21: Cold, Cold Bones (A Temperance Brennan Novel #21) (CD-Audio): $34.99
From bestselling author Kathy Reichs comes a book set in Charleston, South Carolina, the center of a lucrative, clandestine, sophisticated trade in body parts—the kind that leaves the donor dead.
Summoned to South Carolina to fill in for a negligent colleague, Tempe is stuck teaching a lackluster archaeology field school in the ruins of a Native American burial ground on the Charleston shore. But when Tempe stumbles upon a fresh skeleton among the ancient bones, her old friend Emma Rousseau, the local coroner, persuades her to stay on and help with the investigation. When Emma reveals a disturbing secret, it becomes more important than ever for Tempe to help her friend close the case.
The body count begins to climb. An unidentified man is found hanging from a tree deep in the woods. Another corpse shows up in a barrel. There are mysterious nicks on bones in several bodies, and signs of strangulation. Tempe follows the trail to a free street clinic with a belligerent staff, a suspicious doctor, and a donor who is a charismatic televangelist. Clues abound in the most unlikely places as Tempe uses her unique knowledge and skills to build her case, even as the local sheriff remains dubious and her own life is threatened.
Tempe’s love life is also complicated. Ryan, her current flame, has come down to visit her from Montreal, and Pete, her former husband, is investigating the disappearance of a local woman—and he and Tempe are staying in the same borrowed beach house. Ryan and Pete compete for her attentions, and Tempe finds herself more distracted by her feelings for both men than she expected.
Break No Bones is a smart, taut thriller featuring the kind of high-stakes crime that makes the headlines every week. Reichs, the inspiration for the hit Fox TV show Bones, is writing at the top of her form, and Tempe has never been more compelling.
About the Author
Kathy Reichs’s first novel Déjà Dead, published in 1997, won the Ellis Award for Best First Novel and was an international bestseller. Cold, Cold Bones is Kathy’s twenty-first entry in her series featuring forensic anthropologist Temperance Brennan. Kathy was also a producer of Fox Television’s longest running scripted drama, Bones, which was based on her work and her novels. One of very few forensic anthropologists certified by the American Board of Forensic Anthropology, Kathy divides her time between Charlotte, North Carolina, and Montreal, Québec. Visit her at KathyReichs.com or follow her on Twitter @KathyReichs.
"A brilliant novel in the tradition of the best Southern gothic writing! What a pleasure it is to watch Tempe Brennan on the job once again, this time in the perfectly realized world of South Carolina. Reichs's seamless blending of fascinating science and dead-on psychological portrayals, not to mention a whirlwind of a plot, make Break No Bones a must read."
-- Jeffery Deaver, author of The Cold Moon and The Twelfth Card
"A rare treat indeed for the discerning mystery reader! Kathy Reichs is a working forensic anthropologist who can also write! She combines her brilliance in both arts in her mesmerizing novels, and Break No Bones is the best yet! I am awed by its power and her ability to demonstrate what I call 'the silent secrets in the bones.' Once again, I am so impressed with the wealth of knowledge Reichs draws on, her suspenseful plotting, and her marvelous ear for dialogue and sense of place. Temperance Brennan rides again in this compelling tale of a suspenseful murder probe. Reichs' fans will be delighted; I predict an overnight bestseller! Reading Break No Bones kept pulling me away from my own deadlines, but I loved it!"
-- Ann Rule, author of Green River, Running Red; Worth More Dead and the forthcoming Too Late to Say Goodbye