The Mysterious Magickal Cat: Mythology, Folklore, Spirits, and Spells (Paperback)
If a black cat crosses your path, you will have good luck.--England
If a black cat crosses your path, you will have bad luck.--America
The Magick of Claw and Whisker
Very few animals have evoked such extremes in emotions--from admiration to fear--as the feline family. Cats are mysterious, mystical creatures who can do anything from predicting earthquakes and volcanic eruptions to reacting to haunted buildings and following the movement of things you can't see. We are fascinated by cats and their behavior, their regal bearing, and their intelligence, yet we are unnerved by their inscrutable stare and savage natural instincts.
In The Mysterious, Magickal Cat you will discover:
- The origins of cats, big and small
- Little-known details about cat anatomy and behavior
- How to read a cat's verbal and non-verbal communication
- The cat in ancient history and superstition
- Feline deities from around the world
- Sacred breeds and temple lore
- Felines in folklore, literature, and art
- Cat spells for healing animals or humans, finding a true love, attracting prosperity, seeking protection, building courage, and more
Gain a complete look at this beguiling creature: from what it means when a cat flicks its tail to how you can use discarded whiskers for magickal spells. Explore the lore of cats big and small, and discover how other cultures have honored cats throughout the ages.
About the Author
A native of the Pacific Northwest, D.J. Conway (1939 - 2019) studied the occult fields for over 35 years. Her quest for knowledge covered Paganism, Wicca, New Age, and Eastern philosophies as well as history, the magical arts, mythology, and folklore. Conway wrote more than 20 nonfiction books, including Celtic Magic (Llewellyn), Dancing with Dragons (Llewellyn), Mystical Dragon Magic (Llewellyn), The Ancient Art of Faery Magick (10 Speed Press), and The Little Book of Candle Magic (10 Speed Press).