Condemned to Death: A Burren Mystery Set in Sixteenth-Century Ireland (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 12 in the Burren Mystery series.
- #5: Eye of the Law (Burren Mystery #5) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #6: Scales of Retribution (Burren Mystery #6) (Large Print / Hardcover): Email or call for price.
- #7: Deed of Murder (Burren Mystery #7) (Paperback): $17.95
- #8: Laws in Conflict (Burren Mystery #8) (Hardcover): $32.95
- #9: Chain of Evidence (Burren Mystery #9) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #10: Cross of Vengeance (Burren Mystery #10) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #11: Verdict of the Court: A Mystery Set in Sixteenth-Century Ireland (Burren Mystery #11) (Hardcover): $28.95
- #13: A Fatal Inheritance: A Celtic Historical Mystery Set in 16th Century Ireland (Burren Mystery #13) (Large Print / Hardcover): $36.95
- #14: An Unjust Judge: A Mystery Set in 16th Century Ireland (Burren Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $28.99
When Mara, Brehon of the Burren, is summoned to the sandy beach of Fanore, on the western fringe of the kingdom of the Burren, she sees a sight that she has never witnessed before during her thirty years as law-enforcer and investigating magistrate: a dead man lying in a boat with no oars. Immediately her scholars jump to the conclusion that the man has been found guilty of kin-murder. The Brehon sentence for this worst of all crimes is that the murderer be towed out to sea and left to the mercy of wind and waves and the ultimate judgement of Almighty God. But Mara notices something odd about the body, something which arouses her suspicions. And something familiar about the boat in which he lies. Soon she has embarked on a full-scale murder investigation. And gradually suspicion dawns that someone near and dear to her is involved in the murder.
About the Author
Cora Harrison published twenty-six children's books before turning to adult novels with the 'Mara' series of Celtic historical mysteries set in 16th century Ireland. Cora lives on a farm near the Burren in the west of Ireland.