A World Full of Nature Stories: 50 Folk Tales and Legends (World Full of... #9) (Hardcover)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the World Full of... series.
- #1: A Year Full of Stories: 52 classic stories from all around the world (World Full of... #1) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #2: A World Full of Animal Stories: 50 folk tales and legends (World Full of...) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #3: A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories: 12 Tales from the world's most famous playwright (World Full of...) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #4: A World Full of Spooky Stories: 50 Tales to Make Your Spine Tingle (World Full of...) (Hardcover): $24.99
- #5: A World Full of Dickens Stories: 8 best-loved classic tales retold for children (World Full of... #5) (Hardcover): $22.99
- #7: A Bedtime Full of Stories: 50 Folktales and Legends from Around the World (World Full of...) (Hardcover): $22.99
This beautiful book of stories takes readers on a journey with 50 tales, featuring themes of nature from all around the world.
Sit back, get comfortable, and delve into this beautifully-illustrated collection of beloved nature stories from every corner of the globe.
This rich resource collects together folk tales from home and legends and myths from distant lands to commemorate the animals, plants, and the changing seasons that make planet Earth so beautiful.
The folktales and fables in this book will capture imaginations and take readers on a journey around the world. Learn about:
- The Peruvian tale of Cuniraya and the Magic Fruit,
- The story of how lightning began according to an ancient Khasi folk tale from India,
- From Ireland, the story of The Bee, the Mouse, and the Beetle,
- The Master of the Winds in the ancient Iroquois story of The Four Winds,
- Paul Bunyan, the giant lumberjack from North American folklore, and
- Spain's Queen of the Flowers, who is brought to life one night by a magical fairy.
Lively retellings from best-selling author Angela McAllister are brought to life with beautiful illustrations from Hannah Bess Ross, in this nature anthology to treasure for a lifetime. For story lovers young and old this is the perfect gift for all the family and nature lovers everywhere.
The World Full of… series is a collection of beautiful hardcover story treasuries. Discover folktales from all around the world or be introduced to some of the world’s best-loved writers with these stunning gift books, the perfection addition to any child’s library.
Also available from the series: A Year Full of Stories, A Stage Full of Shakespeare Stories, A World Full of Dickens Stories, A World Full of Spooky Stories, A Year Full of Celebrations and Festivals, and A Bedtime Full of Stories.
About the Author
Angela McAllister is the author of over 80 books for children and teens. Her books have won several awards, including the Red House Book Award for Yuck! That's Not a Monster! and the Stockport and Portsmouth Awards for My Mum has X-Ray Vision. Her picture book Leon and the Place Between has been adapted for the stage and was shortlisted for the Kate Greenaway Award. She has collaborated with many illustrators, including Grahame Baker-Smith, Alex T. Smith, Margaret Chamberlain, Ross Collins, and Peter Bailey. She has worked on many titles for Frances Lincoln Children’s Books including best-selling titles A Year Full of Stories and A World Full of Animal Stories.
Hannah Bess Ross is a Chicago-based illustrator and writer interested in all realms whimsy. She lives in a little house with a blue door and an orange cat but dreams of the woods and the waves of rocky seas far, far away. She likes telling stories and everyday magical things like bugs and stars. She also loves the puppets, folk art, and silly word-play. Hannah is the illustrator of A World Full of Nature Stories (Frances Lincoln Children's Books, 2022) and Lore of the Stars (Wide Eyed Editions, 2023).