Half-Price Homicide: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover)
Hard to Find
Other Books in Series
This is book number 9 in the Dead-End Job Mystery series.
- #1: Shop Till You Drop: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $7.99
- #2: Murder Between the Covers: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Dying To Call You: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Just Murdered: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Murder Unleashed: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $19.95
- #6: Murder With Reservations: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $21.95
- #7: Clubbed to Death: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $21.95
- #8: Killer Cuts: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $22.95
- #10: Pumped for Murder: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $23.95
- #12: Board Stiff (Dead-End Job Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $23.95
- #13: Catnapped! (Dead-End Job Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #14: The Art of Murder (Dead-End Job Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
The national bestselling author presents a high society murder mystery...
At Snapdragon, a high-end designer consignment shop, Helen is at the beck and call of snobby- yet frugal-customers. That alone is a deadly combination, especially with Chrissy, a drool-worthy fashionista who walks in with a purse to sell, and ends up screaming at her husband and another customer.
Helen is used to dealing with snobby women, controlling husbands, and fashionable politicians. But she's about to have to handle a brand new type of unsatisfied customer-a murderer. Chrissy is found dead in Snapdragon's dressing room, with the hand-painted scarf Helen was just holding tied around her neck. And Helen goes from being low on society's totem pole to high on the police's suspect list.
About the Author
Elaine Viets has actually worked those dead-end jobs in her mystery novels,just like her character, Helen Hawthorne. Over the years, Elaine has been a dress store clerk, phone book proofreader, babysitter, telemarketer, bookseller, and weed puller at fifty cents a bucket. She is also the author of the Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series and numerous short stories. Elaine has won an Anthony Award and an Agatha Award. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with her husband, author and actor Don Crinklaw. Please visit her blog: The Lipstick Chronicles.