Shop Till You Drop: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback)
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Dead-End Job Mystery series.
- #2: Murder Between the Covers: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $7.99
- #3: Dying To Call You: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $7.99
- #4: Just Murdered: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Paperback): $6.99
- #5: Murder Unleashed: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $19.95
- #6: Murder With Reservations: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $21.95
- #7: Clubbed to Death: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $21.95
- #8: Killer Cuts: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $22.95
- #9: Half-Price Homicide: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $22.95
- #10: Pumped for Murder: A Dead-End Job Mystery (Hardcover): $23.95
- #12: Board Stiff (Dead-End Job Mystery #12) (Hardcover): $23.95
- #13: Catnapped! (Dead-End Job Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $24.95
- #14: The Art of Murder (Dead-End Job Mystery #14) (Mass Market): $7.99
Once on the fast track to success, Helen Hawthorne is now going nowhere fast. She traded in her chic life for a shabby one. And now she's on the fun, jumping from city to city and dead-end job to dead-end job, trying to stay one step ahead of her past...
After two weeks as the new salesclerk at Juliana's, Fort Lauderdale's ultra-exclusive clothing boutique, Helen still feels out of fashion. And since the only crime likely to be committed around here is being old-or worse, looking old-Helen figures she is safe. Until she discovers the manager has been embezzling money and selling designer drugs along with the designer clothes. Add murder to the mix-and Helen's dead-end job is downright deadly.
About the Author
Elaine Viets has actually worked those dead-end jobs in her mystery novels,just like her character, Helen Hawthorne. Over the years, Elaine has been a dress store clerk, phone book proofreader, babysitter, telemarketer, bookseller, and weed puller at fifty cents a bucket. She is also the author of the Josie Marcus, Mystery Shopper series and numerous short stories. Elaine has won an Anthony Award and an Agatha Award. She lives in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, with her husband, author and actor Don Crinklaw. Please visit her blog: The Lipstick Chronicles.
"Wit, murder, and sunshine. . .it must be Florida. I love this new series by Elaine Viets." Nancy Pickard, National Bestselling Author of Ring of Truth
"Fresh, funny, and fiendishly constructed, SHOP TILL YOU DROP gleefully skewers cosmeticsurgery, ultra exclusive clothing boutiques, cheating ex-husbands, and the Florida dating game, as attractive newcomer Helen Hawthorne takes on the first of her deliciously awful dead-end jobs and finds herself enmeshed in drugs, embezzlement, and murder. A bright start to an exciting new series. This one is hard to beat." Parnell Hall, author of The Puzzle Lady crossword puzzle mysteries
“Elaine Viets has come up with all the ingredients for an irresistible mystery: a heroine with a sense of humor and a gift for snappy dialogue, an atmospheric South Florida backdrop, a cast of entertaining secondary characters, and some really nasty crimes. I’m looking forwardto the next installment in her new Dead-End Job series.” Jane Heller, author of The Secret Ingredient and Lucky Stars
“Elaine Viets’s debut Dead-End Job Mystery is a live wire. It’s Janet Evanovich meets TheFugitive as Helen Hawthorne takes Florida by storm. Shop no furtherthis is the one.” Tim Dorsey, author of Florida Roadkill and The Stingray Shuffle
“Elaine Viets is fabulous. I fell in love with her dead-on funny Dead-End Job Mysteries andso will you.” Jerrilyn Farmer, author of Mumbo Gumbo
“I loved this book. With a stubborn and intelligent heroine, a wonderful south Florida setting, and a cast of more-or-less lethal bimbos, Shop Till You Drop provides tons of fun. Six-toed cats, expensive clothes, sexy guys on motorcycles--this book has it all.”Charlaine Harris, author of Club Dead & the forthcoming Poppy Done to Death