A Late Frost (An Orchard Mystery #11) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the An Orchard Mystery series.
- #1: One Bad Apple (An Orchard Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Rotten to the Core (An Orchard Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Red Delicious Death (An Orchard Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: A Killer Crop (An Orchard Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Bitter Harvest (An Orchard Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Sour Apples (An Orchard Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Golden Malicious (An Orchard Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Picked to Die (An Orchard Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: A Gala Event (An Orchard Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Seeds of Deception (An Orchard Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
An orchard owner searches for a poisoner in this Orchard Mystery from the New York Times bestselling author of Nipped in the Bud.
The usually quiet town of Granford, Massachusetts, is even drowsier during the colder months. But this year it’s in for a jolt when Monica Whitman moves into town. She’s a dynamo who wants to make friends fast in her new home, and she throws herself into community activities. Meg Corey, now Chapin after her marriage to Seth Chapin, is intrigued by the new arrival, who has already sold the town board on a new, fun way to bring in visitors during the off-season: WinterFare, which will feature local foods (such as Meg’s apples) and crafts, as well as entertainment.
Tragically, Monica falls ill and dies after the event in what looks like a case of food poisoning. When all the food served at WinterFare has been tested, including Meg’s apples, it becomes clear that there’s a more sinister explanation to the older woman’s sudden demise.
Meg’s investigation uncovers a bushel of potential suspects, one of whom is rotten to the core.
INCLUDES DELICIOUS RECIPES
About the Author
Sheila Connolly is the New York Times bestselling, Anthony and Agatha award-nominated author of the Orchard Mysteries, the Museum Mysteries, and the County Cork Mysteries. She has taught art history, structured and marketed municipal bonds for major cities, worked as a staff member on two statewide political campaigns, and served as a fundraiser for several nonprofit organizations. She also managed her own consulting company, providing genealogical research services. In addition to genealogy, Sheila loves restoring old houses, visiting cemeteries, and traveling. Now a full-time writer, she thinks writing mysteries is a lot more fun than any of her previous occupations. She is married and has one daughter and three cats.
Praise for the New York Times bestselling Orchard Mysteries
“[A] sleuth with a bushelful of entertaining problems.”—Claudia Bishop, bestselling author of the Hemlock Falls Mysteries
“Connolly’s writing style brings the reader into the sights, scents, and sounds of a small town.”—Open Book Society
“An example of everything that is right with the cozy mystery.”—Lesa’s Book Critiques