Deadline: A Virgil Flowers Novel (Paperback)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the A Virgil Flowers Novel series.
- #1: Dark of the Moon (A Virgil Flowers Novel #1) (Paperback): $9.99
- #2: Heat Lightning (A Virgil Flowers Novel #2) (Paperback): $9.99
- #3: Rough Country (A Virgil Flowers Novel #3) (Paperback): $9.99
- #4: Bad Blood (A Virgil Flowers Novel #4) (Paperback): $9.99
- #5: Shock Wave (A Virgil Flowers Novel #5) (Paperback): $9.99
- #6: Mad River (A Virgil Flowers Novel #6) (Paperback): $9.99
- #7: Storm Front (A Virgil Flowers Novel #7) (Paperback): $9.99
- #9: Escape Clause (A Virgil Flowers Novel #9) (Hardcover): $29.00
- #10: Deep Freeze (A Virgil Flowers Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Holy Ghost (A Virgil Flowers Novel #11) (CD-Audio): $19.99
- #12: Bloody Genius (A Virgil Flowers Novel #12) (Paperback): $9.99
In southeast Minnesota, a school board meeting is coming to an end. The chairman announces that the rest of the meeting will be closed to only a few—for personal issues. The remaining members vote on the fate of a local reporter. And it’s unanimous…
Meanwhile, Virgil Flowers is investigating a dognapping crime wave in a Mississippi River town when he gets a call from Lucas Davenport. A corpse has been found, and the victim is local reporter Clancy Conley. Virgil has no idea where this is all headed. All he knows for sure is that things are getting nasty in Buchanan County.
About the Author
John Sandford is the pseudonym for the Pulitzer Prize–winning journalist John Camp. He is the author of twenty-six Prey novels, most recently Extreme Prey; four Kidd novels; nine Virgil Flowers novels; three YA novels coauthored with his wife, Michele Cook; and three stand-alones, most recently Saturn Run.
Praise for Deadline
“Sandford keeps one last surprise up his sleeve for the denouement of the dognapping case, and it's a doozy. Exhilaratingly professional work by both Virgil and his creator that breaks no new ground but will keep the fans happy and add to their number.”—Kirkus Reviews“Stellar . . . Sandford is an accomplished and amusing storyteller, and he nails both the rural characters and terrain as well as he has skewered urban life in past installments.”—Publishers Weekly (starred review)“Sanford balances straight-talking Virgil Flowers’ often hilariously folksy tone and Trippton’s dark core of methamphetamine manufacturers and sociopaths; the result is pure reading pleasure for thriller fans.”—Booklist