Winter House (A Mallory Novel #8) (Mass Market)
Email or call for price.
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 8 in the A Mallory Novel series.
- #1: Mallory's Oracle (A Mallory Novel #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: The Man Who Cast Two Shadows (A Mallory Novel #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Killing Critics (A Mallory Novel #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Stone Angel (A Mallory Novel #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: The Judas Child (A Mallory Novel #5) (Paperback): $7.99
- #6: Crime School (A Mallory Novel #6) (Paperback): $16.00
- #7: Dead Famous (A Mallory Novel #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: Find Me (A Mallory Novel #9) (Paperback): $9.99
- #10: The Chalk Girl (A Mallory Novel #10) (Paperback): $9.99
- #11: Bone By Bone (A Mallory Novel #11) (Paperback): $9.99
- #12: Blind Sight (A Mallory Novel #12) (Hardcover): $27.00
In this riveting thriller from New York Times bestselling author Carol O'Connell, New York City officer Kathleen Mallory purges a woman of her mysterious past—and the flesh-and-blood ghosts of a violent family legacy.
At first, NYPD detective Kathleen Mallory thinks the case is simple: a burglar caught in the act and stabbed with an ice pick by a vulnerable homeowner. Except that the dead man was not a burglar, but a hired killer. And the homeowner is the most famous missing child in NYPD history, believed kidnapped more than sixty years ago after the massacre of her entire family...by an ice pick. As Mallory investigates, an astonishing story emerges, one of murderous greed and family horror, abandonment and loss, revenge and twisted love—and a terrifying secret that has yet to claim its final victim.
About the Author
Carol O'Connell is the New York Times bestselling author of the Mallory series, including Mallory’s Oracle, The Man Who Cast Two Shadows, Killing Critics, Stone Angel, Shell Game, Crime School, Dead Famous, Winter House, Find Me, The Chalk Girl, It Happens in the Dark, and Blind Sight. She is also the author of two stand-alones, Judas Child and Bone By Bone. O’Connell lives in New York City.
Praise for Winter House
“Pure O’Connell...[her] fans will be knocked out by this one.”—San Jose Mercury News
“Scores on all levels. A densely plotted modern gothic and police procedural in one. O’Connell keeps the tension and suspense high right through to the surprising end.”—Detroit Free Press
“Carol O’Connell’s Mallory is surely one of the genre’s oddest and most interesting creations...[a] unique bundle of twisted talents, who we have come to O’Connell for, and once again, neither woman disappoints us.”—Chicago Tribune
“Dubious deeds are just the tip of the ice pick in the hands of O’Connell. Vivid prose keeps the pages turning in this intricate tale of betrayal [and] buried secrets.”—Publishers Weekly
“O’Connell serves up the requisite pieces...and twists them beyond recognition into another enjoyably idiosyncratic tale...[a] gleeful breaking of the usual rules.”—The Baltimore Sun
“Winter House is a fantastic police procedural filled with plenty of action...Mallory is a terrific lead character...a fabulous New York mystery.”—Midwest Book Review