A Just Clause (A Booktown Mystery #11) (Hardcover)
Usually Ships in 1-5 Days
Other Books in Series
This is book number 11 in the A Booktown Mystery series.
- #1: Murder Is Binding (A Booktown Mystery #1) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #2: Bookmarked for Death (A Booktown Mystery #2) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #3: Bookplate Special (A Booktown Mystery #3) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #4: Chapter & Hearse (A Booktown Mystery #4) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #5: Sentenced to Death (A Booktown Mystery #5) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #6: Murder on the Half Shelf (A Booktown Mystery #6) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #7: Not the Killing Type (A Booktown Mystery #7) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #8: Book Clubbed (A Booktown Mystery #8) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #9: A Fatal Chapter (A Booktown Mystery #9) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #10: Title Wave (A Booktown Mystery #10) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #12: Poisoned Pages (A Booktown Mystery #12) (Mass Market): $7.99
- #13: A Killer Edition (A Booktown Mystery #13) (Hardcover): $26.00
- #14: Handbook for Homicide (A Booktown Mystery #14) (Hardcover): $26.00
Just when things are getting back to normal in Booktown, Tricia and Angelica have their lives turned upside down by a shocking visitor from their past in this cozy mystery in the New York Times bestselling series.
Tricia Miles, mystery bookstore owner and amateur sleuth, is in for a surprise when her ne’er-do-well father, John, comes to town—and promptly becomes a prime suspect in the murder of a woman with her own scandalous past. Even Tricia’s faith in the old man is shaken when the Stoneham police break the news that her father is a known con man who has done jail time.
But what about bestselling thriller author Steven Richardson? Is it a coincidence that he arrived for a book signing just before the crime or that the victim was found with a signed copy of his latest bestseller?
From merlot to murder, Tricia is determined to clear the family name before another body shows up and ruins Stoneham’s first—and highly anticipated—wine and jazz festival.
About the Author
Lorna Barrett is the New York Times bestselling author of the Booktown Mysteries, including Poisoned Pages, A Just Clause, Title Wave, A Fatal Chapter, and Book Clubbed. She lives in Rochester, New York.
Praise for the New York Times Bestselling Booktown Mysteries
“Diverting entertainment…An engaging story line, an intrepid heroine…Good for lovers of intrigue.”—Richmond Times-Dispatch
“Lorna Barrett never fails to offer a suspenseful cozy mystery…Entertaining, highly enjoyable.”—Cozy Mystery Book Reviews
“Fans of Carolyn Hart and Denise Swanson, rejoice!…This first-rate cozy artfully blends crime, cuisine, and even bookselling in a cheerful, witty, well-plotted puzzler.”—Julia Spencer-Fleming, New York Times bestselling author of Through the Evil Days
“A mystery bookstore in a sleepy New England town, a cat named Miss Marple, a nasty murder, and a determined heroine…Delightful…Everything a cozy lover could want and more. Bravo!”—Leann Sweeney, New York Times bestselling author of The Cat, the Vagabond and the Victim
“Lorna Barrett’s new cozy creation…has it all: wonderful old books, quirky characters, a clever mystery, and a cat named Miss Marple!”—Roberta Isleib, author of Asking for Murder
“[A] delightful, and often funny, mystery series about a town that lives and dies by the love of books.”—Kings River Life Magazine
“Tightly plotted and paced to keep you turning the pages, this series is indeed getting better with each book.”—Gumshoe Review
“Charming…An engaging whodunit.”—Publishers Weekly