Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #1: Wolf Brother (Library Binding)
Email or call for price.
Other Books in Series
This is book number 1 in the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness series.
- #2: El Clan de la Foca / Spirit Walker (Crónicas de la prehistoria / Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #2) (Paperback): $17.95
- #3: Devorador de almas / Soul Eater (Crónicas de la prehistoria / Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #3) (Paperback): $17.95
- #4: La hechicera / Outcast (Crónicas de la prehistoria / Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #4) (Paperback): $17.95
- #5: El Juramento de Torak / Oath Breaker (Crónicas de la prehistoria / Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #5) (Paperback): $17.95
- #6: Chronicles of Ancient Darkness #6: Ghost Hunter (Paperback): $7.99
“Fantasy adventure on a grand scale, with a wealth of wilderness lore and convincing characterizations.” —Booklist
Fans of Fablehaven and City of Ember will devour Michelle Paver’s bestselling fantasy series about one boy’s epic fight against evil and the wolf who guides him.
Six thousand years ago. Powerful mages stalk the land, threatening to destroy all the forest clans. According to legend, only twelve-year-old Torak and his wolf-cub companion can defeat them. Their journey together takes them through perilous terrain and into dangers they never imagined. Torak and Wolf are terrified of their mission. But if they do not battle to save their world, who will?
“Torak’s coming-of-age tale will keep the pages turning.” —Publishers Weekly
About the Author
Michelle Paver was born in central Africa, but moved to England as a child. After earning a degree in biochemistry from Oxford University, she became a partner in a London law firm, but eventually gave that up to write full-time.
Chronicles of Ancient Darkness arises from her lifelong passions for animals, anthropology, and the distant past. It was also inspired by her travels in Norway, Lapland, Iceland, and the Carpathian Mountains—and particularly by an encounter with a large bear in a remote valley in Southern California.
“Torak’s coming-of-age tale will keep the pages turning.” — Publishers Weekly
“The story…glides on lines of smooth prose” — Bulletin of the Center for Children’s Books
“Paver’s depth of research…makes this impressive British import…intriguing and believable.” — School Library Journal
“The stark, primitive setting provides an innovative contrast to most fantasies…This fast–moving story with engaging characters will appeal.” — Voice of Youth Advocates (VOYA)